Sunday, January 18, 2015

"The Calling" Comes To Life

I am both delighted and slightly terrified to announce that work has begun on the illustrated edition of Tales of Rhohin: The Calling.

Here, you can see a sheet of the thumbnail sketches I’ve started drawing:


Thumbnails are little drawings that begin the process of thinking through larger pictures. The ones above are meant to capture the basic concepts. Later, I’ll begin researching, collecting reference photos, and working out the final product.

The kind welcome that the un-illustrated e-book edition of The Calling received from readers gave me confidence that I’m a good storyteller and I don’t need pictures to prop up the words. And yet, most of the words I’ve written have flowed out of the pictures in my head. I’ve known for a long time that I wanted to eventually publish The Calling and all the Tales of Rhohin in illustrated editions.

I have no idea how long this project will take, but, by God’s grace, I hope to give it my best and enjoy it.


No comments:

Post a Comment