Sunday, November 8, 2015

Continuous Line Drawing Challenge

Sooooo…I discovered this fun drawing exercise where you attempt to capture an image with one continuous, never-lifting-your-pen line, and decided I wanted to try it as a 30-day challenge: thirty drawings in thirty days.

Eight months later…

I fudged on this challenge in just about every way imaginable, from accidentally lifting my pen and putting it back as close as possible to the same place, to doing the last fifteen drawings all in one evening, because I just wanted to be done with it. The subjects are all things you see in my room—including me. So, here are the results, good, bad, ugly, and all.

1: Porcelain Figurine. 2: Snail Shell. 3: Wall Decoration.

4: Ceramic Dragon (my personal favorite)
5: Toy Frog. 6: Self-Portrait (I don't want to talk about it...)

7: My Hand. 8: Stapler.

9: Bookmark. 10: Oil Brushes.

11: Kisses (second favorite). 12: Figurine. 13: Shoes.

14: Tissue Box. 15: Dog Figurine.

16: Figurine's Head. 17: My Chair. 18: My Hand Again.

19: My Glasses. 20: Caterpillar Toy.

I got fascinated by trying to draw my slowly-emptying glass of water. 21: "Half Full". 22: "Slightly Less Half Full". 23: Ladybug Magnet. 24: Decoration.

25: "Still Thirsty". 26: Horse Silhouette (harder than it looks). 27: My Journal.

And by now I was getting tired of black pens. 28: Seagull Figurine. 29: Bronze Vase. 30: "Satisfied".
 
Now, I really want to color these.


And maybe eight years later…

No comments:

Post a Comment