Sunday, March 1, 2015

What I'm Up To

I want to be consistent in posting every two weeks, but I also believe it’s more important to be doing stuff than writing about it. So, I’m going to try from now on to either write something, or prove I was busy doing something. This post is a “proof” one.

Thumbnail sketches for Tales of Rhohin: The Calling illustrations



Pencil drawings for Americat Volume One



Rewriting the beginning of Tales of Rhohin: The Mountain-Lands for about the fifth time (that doesn’t count many, many, many smaller edits and revisions)
     I’ve determined to revise the story by taking what I’ve learned about who the characters are and what they’re most likely to do, and let the plot follow a natural progression based on their actions. That’s the long-winded way of saying I want to write a character-driven story, and not be the pushy author forcibly maneuvering them from A to B.
     Part of the character development right now is focused on building a realistic male lead, no light task for a female author—and a lead who’s a warrior, no less. I’ve currently been reading some books by men about warriors, in order to get into that world…and it is indeed another world.
     My previous two books made me fall in love with writing, but this book is really making a writer out of me. I find myself often exhausted and frustrated, but with a growing sense of rock-hard determination that I’m going to stick with this thing until I do it right.

Working on my final story for Abolition Now (an anti-sex-trafficking organization)
     This story is about a wonderful ministry called Divine Threads that offers restoration to women.

Cleaning and wrapping up 15 paintings to be taken and photographed

And, just-because-it’s-fun:

Turning an old doorknob into a toadstool


No comments:

Post a Comment