Sunday, December 8, 2013

The Unexpected

Well, I'm typing this post from a computer station at our local library.
We couldn't go to church or into Portland to have dinner with our grandparents today, because the Arctic weather is eager to freeze our farm solid. Oh, and my laptop might have just died this morning. It was comatose, last I checked. Some of my plans, both near and distant, are looking iffy. And fa-la-la-la, it's the holiday season, with the busyness that comes with that.
So, here I am, contemplating how to spend a day that is not going how I hoped.
Do I grumble and mumble and mope?
Do I curl up and try to ignore it all?
Give thanks in everything, the Bible says.
Thank You, Lord, that the pipes haven't frozen yet, and we have electricity and a wood-stove. Thank You that I had a working computer as long as I did. Thank You that You've blessed me with gifts of creativity so I never have an excuse to be bored. Thank You that a life of trusting You, accepting the unexpected, is an adventure.
I could write some more in my novel today--I like writing on paper better than on a screen, anyway. I could make some Christmas collage cards. I could make cookies, and warm up the kitchen.
The unexpected is full of possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment